Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Extraordinary Moms Podcast

Let me introduce you to my newest labor of love, the Extraordinary Moms Podcast. This all came together rather quickly, as I thought of the idea just before Christmas while I was feeding Jackson. There I was in the pitch black thinking about the things that fill me up as a mom and teach me the most. And what it came down to was that I love hearing stories from other women's lives. I love to be a fly on the wall when they talk about their challenges and lessons they've learned. I love to learn how the women I admire do what they do. I love to know better how to help others going through things that I have not. So that's when  I thought, I need to create that space. I will create a podcast that interviews moms with different stories and have them share what they've learned along the way. I want other moms to understand the value of their work. Extraordinary Moms are not always doing the grandest of things... they are the moms who are in the trenches, doing the daily tasks of a mother with great love and intention. The daily choices they make and the way they deal with adversity not only changes them, but it affects the next generation they are raising. It's a powerful calling and we need to cheer each other on.

In addition, I have been feeling like I needed something that was mine. I do a lot for other people each day, and I really craved working on a project where I could learn and grow and it was on my terms. I want this year to be one of dreaming big dreams for both myself and for my family. I wanted to see where I could take this podcast, not because it would give ME value, but because working towards a goal is a healthy part of personal development. I have been googling like crazy trying to figure out how to submit a song to Itunes, how to make a website (my brother has been so helpful in this), and how to edit the show. It's been very challenging at times, but with each obstacle I've overcome, I feel a sense of accomplishment. Parker calls it "the broadcast" and he's excited to be on a show at some point.

I have some really amazing friends to interview, but I'm also excited about the opportunity to go beyond my inner circle and talk with other extraordinary moms I find out about. So if you know anyone who you think would be great on the show, hook me up!

To listen, you can go to my website or you can listen on Itunes. Leaving a rating/review is super important for the sake of other people finding the show and of course if you subscribe then you'll never miss an episode (they will go out weekly on Tuesdays). I'm really excited about this and can't wait to see how this affects the community of listeners. The more I talk about motherhood, the more I find myself looking at my own journey and trying to be more intentional about the way I do things, the way I talk to my children, and the way I soak up each season. It's a great thing to focus on in my life, so even though it does take up some time, I feel like it's time well spent. So check out the show. I really hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment