Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Be still my heart

Love these kids so much. Parker is growing up and just amazing us every day by his knowledge and his kindness and his humor. 

Austin is also maturing and has been far more social lately, is developing his sense of humor, and poop is referenced in about every third sentence he says. 

And Jackson... be still my heart. He just lights up a room. Aside from being a little bugger at night, he's a delight and very reasonable during the day.

Go Blue!
 These two have a very special bond. Jackson knows he has some awesome brothers!



 Sleeping beauty. Love this bundle. I mentioned this on Instagram, but I wanted to document it here as well. Lots of people ask me if I'm going to go for a girl. My response is always, "I'm not going to have another baby just to have a girl. If we want to have another baby, we'll have another baby. But I am perfectly happy with my team of boys and I look forward to guiding them and teaching them to be the kind of boys mom's want their daughters to marry."

 Sometimes dinner time is just such a circus. Sometimes= all the time.
 Parker brought his snowman project into school... he looked about 10 years old in that moment. So proud of him that he goes to school happily each day, despite the fact that he says school is "boring." Nonetheless, he pays close attention to every word his teacher says and comes home eager to share what he learned. Love to see him learning more words and he's now able to pick them out of the scriptures. He feels very special when he does that.
 This kid...

 Sometimes I pick up our friend Lyla from preschool with Austin. They are just over 3 months apart in age, but she is SIGNIFICANTLY taller than him. When I pick them up, it looks like I'm getting kids from two different grades. (Black jacket and pink jacket).
Life is just good these days. I feel like we've found a rhythm with three kids and I'm able to pursue my interests, make time for reading, and spend one on one time with the kids. When I spend my time doing the things that are most important to me, I feel the most fulfilled at the end of the day. (Though I am enjoying "New Girl" on Netflix).

No comments:

Post a Comment