Sunday, June 7, 2015

The fair!

Before I forget to document it, I had a fun night out with my San Diego friends and they showered me with some sweet gifts for the new baby. I miss them so much!
Okay... onto the Fair. My dad made sure that we were going to be in town long enough for him to take the boys to the San Diego fair. They went twice during opening weekend. I can't believe my dad's energy. Even I find it challenging to do an outing like the fair with them, but not him. On Friday, he left at 12:30 with the boys, only to find the fair didn't open until 4pm. But that didn't get him down. They got some pre-fair food at McDonald's to kill time, and then were ready to go right when it opened. They ate, rode rides, played games, saw the animals, and enjoyed the entertainment until 10:00! And my dad came home more energetic than when he left with them! Amazing. What an awesome Papa. 

Austin is now 36 inches, so that opened up a lot of new ride possibilities for him. So fun!







 This is what pure joy looks like!






 (Dad said they teased his hair a bit to ensure he'd pass the threshold).


My boys absolutely love this ritual they have with Papa. It's something they will remember for the rest of their lives. What lucky kids they are!

1 comment:

  1. that is so sweet! your dad sounds like so much fun! i'm impressed with all of his energy!

    ReplyDelete