Sunday, September 21, 2014

Good habit... bad habit

Yeah, remember that good habit I established last week? That was good. Not blogging the rest of the week... bad! I even have pics from my Rhode Island trip to post. Where did this week go? Anyway, first things first...

This quote really resonated with me, "He wants us to teach them (children) when they are young to turn to Him when they're older."

Having a knowledge that we are not alone in this life, is a pretty powerful realization. We inevitably go through challenges, simply because we are human and that's the way this life goes. But I simply don't know how people persevere when the going gets tough and life seems insurmountable, without a faith that there is a God in heaven who knows us and loves us and promises to see us through. How do you endure day after day without a knowledge that he will never give us more than we can handle? I am so thankful to know that even when I hit a bump in the road, that the Lord will ease my burden and hear my prayers. In Isaiah 61:3, it talks about being given beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning. I know that we can be sustained through our trials when we lean on Him.

It seems like everywhere I turn, people are going through HARD things. HARD, HARD things. My heart has seriously been pulled in every direction this week feeling for these friends who are going through the ringer. Elaine Jack said, "We cannot always lift the burden of one who is troubled, but we can lift her so she can bear it well." I pray I can be the lifter for someone this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment