Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Final beach day of the summer

I have a love/hate relationship with the beach. I love the sound of the waves, the glitter of the water, the smell, etc... I hate the sand, the trek to and from the car, kids getting covered in sand, and my car ultimately looking like the sandy beach itself. But for the sake of all that is good with the beach, we do go every month or so. The boys love it (until their hands get coated in sand and then they rub their eyes... then they like the beach less). Anyway, we went one Saturday morning with the Miles' and it was great. We had breakfast at a yummy place in Del Mar called Snooze. Delicious french toast and very kid friendly. Then we enjoyed a few hours at the beach. The kids were a mess by the end, but it was a great final farewell to summer. 
 Laura is amazing with kids, and when she's a mom, she'll be the absolute best. She does everything with my kids so happily and I am so lucky to have her in my life. She also took over as director of Kids Sing, so that's pretty amazing too! What can't Laura do?


No comments:

Post a Comment