Monday, March 17, 2014

Power of Moms

A while back, I was recommended an excellent resource for moms called "Power of Moms". It's a website with tons of parenting content. Literally, any topic you could possibly want insight on, you can find it there. My favorite part of the site were the podcasts. They put up weekly podcasts you can listen to, and they are so enjoyable and relevant. I now do my cleaning while listening to them. They also have lots of other resources, like articles, organizational programs, and e-books. This is also where I discovered "Alexander's Amazing Adventures." This program has a monthly audio story that teaches a core value (love, self-discipline, honesty, etc...), that is engaging and fun to listen to. I wasn't sure if Parker would be too young to follow along, but he LOVES them. They have cute little songs and Parker often brings up Alexander's wrong doings or good choices. It's a great teaching tool, and we really enjoy listening to them in the car. Which reminds me, I haven't downloaded the March story yet.

Anyway, Power of Moms is putting out a new book called "Motherhood Realized." It is a compilation of articles about the joys, challenges, and realities of motherhood. A few weeks ago, I applied to be a Power of Moms Ambassador, and was selected. That basically means that I get the joy of continuing to spread the word about this amazing site and volunteer a few hours a month doing various things. I'm really excited about this opportunity and I know it'll be an enriching opportunity. One of the perks for being an ambassador is that I got access to the new book ahead of time. I am LOVING it. The articles are short, so it's easy to squeeze in a few minutes a day. You can pre-order the book on Amazon tomorrow (March 24), and I really encourage you to do that. You'll love it for yourself, or as a gift. Promise.

Here are some of my favorite quotes:


" It is our voices. Our smiles. Our jiggly tummies. Of course we want
to learn, improve, exercise, cook better, make our homes lovelier, and
provide beautiful experiences for our children, but at the end of the day,
our children don’t want a discouraged, stressed-out mom who is wishing
she were someone else."- April Perry

" We each have our own challenges, and
we need to fi gure out how we can thrive in the circumstances we are in.
What do you need in order to thrive?" -April Perry

 "Every stage of motherhood has its ups and downs. Every week and
every day has its good moments and hard moments. We might as well
accept that the hard stuff is going to happen and prepare for it wherever
possible. And once we’ve got that acceptance and preparation in place, it’s
a lot easier to enjoy our lives." -Saren Eyre Loosli

No comments:

Post a Comment