Friday, March 28, 2014

Kids Sing on the news

Last weekend I got a phone call from a news station asking if I could bring a few girls down to the station to participate in a "Frozen" karaoke contest, to celebrate the release of the movie. I was so excited and easily got a group together. Then to my disappointment, they ended up only wanting 1-2 girls. Boo. Anyway, after some hard phone calls telling some kids they wouldn't be singing on TV, I got excited for the two I did get to bring. Evelyn and Elle are two of my strongest singers in Kids Sing, and they also participate in a group voice lesson I teach once a week. 
When we got there and met in the greenroom, it started getting exciting. There were four girls singing total. Then we went out to the outside lot to practice. There was a loud snow machine going while they sang. Hahaha... distracting much?!?!? The girls did a wonderful job (and were the best), but they ended up drawing the name out of the hat to pick the winner. Evelyn won! 

Kids Sing has been such a blessing in my life. I'm so pleased with how it has taken off and is serving our community in such a positive way. The kids love it, parents seem happy, and I know our music touches our audiences. This season's Broadway music is so much fun. I really look forward to rehearsing every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment