Thursday, January 16, 2014

Happy Birthdays

My mom's birthday was last week. She's a pretty young looking Grammy, if I do say so myself. We went to Islands to celebrate. The boys wanted to look dapper for Grammy.

The boys have a tradition of making happy birthday videos for family and friends. This one was a little more competitive than usual. :)




Then on the 14th we celebrate my birthday, my dad's birthday, and Chloe's birthday. So fun sharing my birthday with such awesome people. It's always a treat to stretch out my birthday celebration.... Sunday night was dinner with the Lieber fam, Monday night was dinner with the Dahlquist fam (thanks to Denise for making us dinner), and then on my actual birthday, Pete took me out for a surprise... and what a surprise it was.

Here's the fam at Sammy's.
My grown up little boy. Oh how I love this child.
Chloe... the other birthday girl. 
 They've had a lot of practice at singing "Happy Birthday" lately.

 A friend worked at the restaurant, and gave the boys dough balls to play with. They loved it.
 Chloe, me and Dad. Happy birthday to us.
 On my birthday day, Parker was at preschool, so Aussie and I dropped some treats off at Papa's work and then went shopping. It was delightful. Then we picked him up and went to get lunch. They were so grateful for that hamburger:)

 I'm happy to be 30. I feel like this will be a great year and new decade. I'm going to embrace everything that comes along with the journey, including wrinkles, that I'm just going to say are recently developed dimples:)
 That night, my mom came to pick up the boys so I could go out for a surprise with Pete. So we headed out and halfway there, he told me to put on a blindfold. Then he walked me into a random place, and when I removed the blindfold I saw a room FULL of my best friends and family. Even my parents and boys were there. I was shocked. A while back I had mentioned I thought it'd be fun to do karaoke with other couples, and Pete mental noted that. He rented out a karaoke room at a random Korean karaoke bar for my birthday! It made me feel so special that he went to such extra effort to plan this thoughtful night. Everyone had a great time, especially the kids. It was hilarious.
 The girls all singing.
 Austin thought he was always a part of the acts. He loved dancing and singing along.
 Pete and I sang a few songs together, including O-Town, "All or Nothing", which was "our song" in high school, before we were even dating.
 "I will always love you"... a tribute to Ms. Houston, performed by Sara (Pete's planning partner) and me.

It was a night to remember. 
Happy 30th birthday to me:)

No comments:

Post a Comment