Sunday, September 22, 2013

Winner, winner, winner

If you know me, you know I love a good bargain. You know I am fairly frugal, but also an avid shopper. Well Pete has been in the market for a new suit for a while. Several months ago, I went shopping with my bro in-law and scored a $500 suit for $89. I was pretty stoked about that.

Well, Pete and I went out looking a month or so go. We first went to Nordstrom Rack and didn't find anything exceptional. So we walked next door to the Banana Republic Outlet. Love it... the whole store was 40% off first of all. We found a very nice navy suit with subtle striping. Very nice. I think that retailed for about $320 regular price. Then I found a clearance suit which was also very nice and fit well for $75 total (also regularly $320). Score. So we go up to the cashier ecstatic about these finds, and expecting to pay about $300 for both suits. Well because we spent over $200 we got an additional 25% off, bringing our total down to $200! $200 for two suits!!!!! With no alterations required. I told the cashier I feel like they should make an announcement over the loud speaker or something. Great day, great day.



3 comments: