Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Visit to the great grandparents

At the last minute we decided to visit my grandparents on Monday. My mom decided to go along too, so she helped me manage the boys. It was a fun, quick trip. The boys love their backyard. Austin requested a ball as soon as he walked in the door. The cozy coupe is another highlight. But boy can we do a lot of damage in very little time. Parker ran right threw the screen door and pushed it all the way out... bummer. Then my mom was looking for a puzzle piece under the couch and knocked a lamp over, shattering a bulb. We couldn't get out of there fast enough! We offered to have them come visit in a few weeks, but after the whirlwind they just experienced I they seemed to need some time to think about it:) Just kidding, but really they are good sports about their energy. 

I'm so thankful that the boys have my grandparents in their lives. To have active great grandparents who are willing to roll them around the concrete in the car or pitch balls to them is a priceless gift. 
 The Word Book... all of their grandkids were raised on this book sitting just like this on Grandaddy's lap and now the great grandkids are getting the same upbringing. I love it.


1 comment:

  1. And to think that we were only there 3 hours, haha! We were like a bunch of bulls in a china closet that day! :)

    ReplyDelete