Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day

It was a great Father's Day today. We started the morning with our first Insanity workout (amazing results to come), and then spent the morning at church, followed by nap time for both boys. Then Pete opened his presents: a Michigan briefcase (to replace the one that was stolen), a work shirt, and a rock painted by Parker at preschool. Parker also sang a song for Pete. So sweet. Those boys sure are lucky to have such a fun dad. He wrestles with them no matter how exhausted he is from work, and he always doctors up their food so that it tastes the best, whereas I am about simple and not messy. Example, I will hand them a piece of plain bread, but Pete with add butter.

While the boys were sleeping  I made cornbread and chocolate sheet cake to take to my parent's house for dinner. Then the boys went swimming and it was especially fun since both my brothers were there. I love that Jeff has a San Diego project for the summer.

Dinner was amazing, with homemade taquitos. It was great to just be all together. Happy Father's day to Pete and my dad, who is the most devoted Papa ever!








No comments:

Post a Comment