Saturday, June 8, 2013

Family Standard

Much to my chagrin, Parker demands that we sing the same song every single night before bed. It's not a sweet lullabye, it doesn't have touching lyrics, it doesn't have a velvety melody. Every night he requests... "Old McDonald." And every night he sings, "And on that farm he had a... bowl. EIEIO. With a stir stir here and a stir stir there..." Don't ask me how this started, but it has been our nightly ritual for months and months. I try and pick up the tempo as much as possible to get that stupid song over with, but it feels like it can never end soon enough. In this video he happened to now use the "bowl", but you can still enjoy our nightly joy:)

1 comment:

  1. We did Wise Man and the Foolish Man every night for about a year when Charlie was little, and I used to skip out on some of the choruses of "rain came down and the floods came up" to make it go by faster. I was SOOOO sick of that song. ;)

    ReplyDelete