Thursday, August 6, 2015

Jackson at 3 weeks

Oh sweet Jackson. I was talking with a mom at the park today, who also had a newborn and a three year old, and we were chatting about how fast time goes by with a baby, once you already have other kids. There are days when I hardly take the time to gaze at him, because I'm distracted by 100 other requests and interruptions. But I don't want to miss out on this phase with Jackson just because there is a lot of other things pulling my attention. When I stop myself and really look into his sweet eyes (that are no longer plagued by broken blood vessels.... phew), I feel at peace. I feel like there's no other care in the world and there's no where I'd rather be. He's on the verge of smiling which is such a joy. See what I mean???

Oh, as a matter of record keeping... at his two week appt (the one where he peed all over the nurse), he was 9 lb 13 oz and 56.5 cm. His head was 37 cm. (At his 2 day old appt he was down to 8 lbs 14 oz which was what Austin weighed at birth. He was 54.3 cm).

No comments:

Post a Comment