Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Big ol' update

We moved to Camarillo. Cliff notes version... we found our house in October, moved our stuff in and Pete started working here. On weekends he came down to visit us in San Diego. The boys had great school situations in Poway, so we weren't in a big hurry to move. We were also waiting for a spot to open up at the neighborhood school (walking distance from our house), as opposed to being overflowed to a random school. Well after months of waiting, that never happened, so we decided Christmas break was the time to move. The boys weren't super pumped about leaving their classes and friends, but they were excited to live in the same place as their dad! We all were.



So after a very sick Christmas break (bronchitis and then a seperate stomach flu episode), we started schools on January 3. Parker has a great teacher named Mrs. Jaquez at La Mariposa elementary. It's an excellent school and the second closest school to us. It's worked out just fine so far, except for dismissal at 1:57pm, right in the middle of Jackson's naptime. But I've just adjusted his schedule to nap in the morning  a little later, and then I don't put him down until after I pick up Park. PArker has been such a trooper and while he is generally a happy and confident kid, this has really challenged his ability to stay positive when he is overwhelmed and discouraged. Our mantra every morning is "Today is going to be a great day." And I've told him I am telling myself the EXACT same thing right now.



Here's a piece of writing Parker did this week. His handwriting has improved so much.


I was feeling really discouraged about not having any friends up here, so I decided to stop throwing myself a pity party and do something about it. So I headed south to Westlake Village where I knew Brooke White lived (she was a guest on the podcast but we'd never met) and I texted her asking her to lunch. Her response was "let's do it!" and we had the best two hour lunch. She also has a large social media following, so she was nice enough to do an all call for friends for me in Camarillo. haha. I have had so many people reach out to me since then wanting to do park playdates. So nice. She's literally one of the nicest people. Such an answer to prayer. I heard a podcast about living in a "high vibration" so that you can live a happy life even before you get what you think you need. Sure enough as soon as I put on a happy face and approached my day like I had everything I need and grateful for what I have, I had several things happen that fulfilled those needs I was choosing not to focus on. So cool.

This boy is the best. He is 2 days away from being 18 months and this week he FINALLY started walking. HE loves performing for us and since he's been healthier, he has been so fun! He is so happy, loves to play with his brothers, and besides his pickiness with food, he's literally the best person ever! I'm so lucky to spend my days with him.


Austin also started preschool and he did far better than I could have hoped for. Moving from Virginia was so hard for him, but he's grown so much, and he is so kind and loving, he confidently joined this new class and has been having a great time.





There is so much more to our lives right now, but that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment