Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Life is bonkers

We have been in a LONG period of waiting for new orders for Pete's job. We've been informed, and then uninformed, then strung along, and now we are just taking a leap of faith and the boys and I are moving to San Diego. It's complicated, dramatic, and hard to explain. But we're excited to move back "home", get kids registered in school and on soccer teams, and enjoy life with our extended family.

Until then, we're organizing, packing, and living it up.

Today, I took the boys to Kangaroo Jack's and they had a blast. It's nice to see Austin get out of his comfort zone and try the big slide. That's the complete opposite of his nature, so I was especially proud of him. Parker of course is a daredevil and makes friends wherever he goes.




And of course, we could always use more pics of Jackson.

The hardest part of moving is the people we leave behind. While I never would have chosen to move across the country to Chesapeake, VA, I met some amazing people and will forever be thankful for their friendship. Perhaps they are the reason we moved here at all.

My dear friend Kelly, mom of Ben (Parker's best preschool friend). She and I were two peas in a pod. At the zoo fieldtrip when we were getting to know one another better two years ago, every time she'd share something about herself I'd say "me too!". It seemed like I was lying! She was a teacher, from Michigan, three kids with Ben as her oldest, Navy husbands, etc... She's so awesome and I will miss our playdates.


Parker and Ben.


One of my best friends BreAnne and her darling girls Lyla and Felicity. She was the first person to invite our family over for dinner when we moved here and we've been friends ever since. Loved preschool carpool, singing together, serving together, playdates, and glitter crafts.

Took the boys to BrickHeadz, a lego building place for kids. So fun!

Frozen yogurt with the boys. They got to pick their toppings and were in heaven!

We are really going to miss George. Pete went to Officer Development School and then Naval Justice SChool with George, and they were both stationed in Norfolk. They've been through this whole crazy journey together and he's been a real friend to my boys. They love George. He held Jackson when he was only 30 hours old. Hope our paths cross again!

Lunch at the NEX with a bunch of Pete's coworkers.

The next time I post... we'll be in San Diego! Whoop whoop!

No comments:

Post a Comment