Saturday, November 22, 2014

Catching up

Apparently I've gone dark on the blog. Sorry folks. I haven't been taking many pics, which amounts to fewer incidents of blogging. 

Parker made his way into our bed the other morning. We also love our morning cuddles with Aussie who asks if we want to "cozy up." 
 We had dinner with the Sanchez family, who Pete lived with over the summer. We knew them in San Diego, and sadly for us, they'll be returning there in the next few months. But we'll enjoy them while they are here. My boys loved their kids (they'd never met). Shelly and I get along great, not counting the parts of her life that revolve around Crossfit and Bikram Yoga. She's a warrior woman.
 The boys have been playing very well together lately. They especially love using ropes to lasso and tie up things.

 Parker is still enjoying school. They were learning about the letter H, so they celebrated with "hat day." Cute kids. We are looking forward to the Thanksgiving Party next week.
 George, a fellow JAG, comes over every other Sunday for dinner. We love his visits. Last Sunday we also had 2 other JAG's and their families. We had a burrito bar and "Swig sugar cookies" for dessert. We were extra proud of Dennis who ran a marathon the day before, so he ate off of the "You are Special" plate I just made. I will have to get a pic of that soon.
 Picking up Parker from school. He looks like such a big boy coming out of school. And now with the weather getting cooler, I am appreciating the carpool line.
 One of my friends in San Diego was just diagnosed with breast cancer. Boo. It is incredibly sad, but she is such a fighter and has the best attitude. It's so inspiring. On Tuesday, she had her first chemo treatment, so her friend organized that her friends and family from all over would send pics to her throughout the day in their pink attire. She felt the love and is doing great so far.
Austin is still a stinker these days. He says he "hates" everything. Like he used to say that he wanted to "punch" everything, now it's "I hate lunch", "I hate dinosaurs", or "I hate friends." If he doesn't want to talk about something he will say, "I'm not asking you!" He has the pouty, mad face down pat. Good thing he's cute!

1 comment: